Shopify is one of the most popular platforms used by a growing list of ecommerce businesses. From the start of Black Friday 2021 in New Zealand, through the end of Cyber Monday in California alone the platform took more than $6.3 billion worth of sales.
A booming Shopify store is great news. But it also means increasing numbers of enquiries.
When the demand for customer service changes, you need to adapt your business to make sure you succeed in this new environment. Like Darwin said: Those that survive are the ones most responsive to change.
When customers reach out, your team frequently has to look up their purchase history to get all the information.
So they go to the Shopify store and look up the customer by name or email. Then they scan the results to find the customer. And then they have to figure out what happened, and when.
That’s a lot of time spent looking for information. But what if they can’t find the customer? Maybe they used a different email account to contact support then they did when ordering.
Now your team has to ask the customer for their order number. The customer is getting more frustrated waiting for an answer, and it’s time consuming for your team. Everyone who answers support questions has to know how to log in and search. If you manage multiple brands or more than one Shopify store, it’s even more complicated.
It would be so much easier if you knew how to connect your shared email inbox to Shopify
Time spent looking up customer details means less effective service
William H Davidow, a silicon valley executive and venture capitalist for the past 30 years, said “The longer you wait, the harder it is to produce outstanding customer service.”
True words, right there!
Say an agent answers fifty questions a day. Every time they have to double check the order details. Even if it only takes 2 minutes to locate and confirm each order, that’s still over 1.5 hours of lost time per day per agent. Through all that the customer is still waiting. And they’re not getting any happier.
This is bad news for your business. 70% of customers say that speed and convenience are important to them. So keeping them waiting can negatively impact their satisfaction, and your reputation.
70% of customers say that speed and convenience are important factors in feeling positive about their customer service experiences.
There is a better way to manage customer requests
Enchant gives you a smart way to automatically bring Shopify order details to a shared inbox. Your team gets a shared inbox where they can see and answer all customer communications. The system automatically looks up the customer in Shopify based on their contact information and brings in their details:
- Customer Information from Shopify
- Direct links to Shopify pages for recent orders
- Total number of orders and Lifetime spend
- Last Order details such as order status and amount
- Delivery tracking
When Joan emails in wondering why her new summer outfit that was meant to have expedited delivery isn’t here yet, your team can see all the information. There’s the order. And it looks like Joan didn’t choose expedited delivery. Now your team can answer the question quickly, and decide whether to offer a goodwill gesture such as free delivery next time.
Your team doesn’t have to waste time on repetitive tasks or get weighed down finding information. All the information they need is displayed right next to the conversation. Instead they can spend their time helping more customers, faster.
You can connect more than one store to the same Enchant account. If a customer orders a new summer wardrobe from your clothing store, and then some earrings from your accessories store, you’ll see both orders under separate sections per Shopify store.
Even when your team is answering a request on the go from a mobile device, they’ll see all the information they need, right at their fingertips.
Shopify integrations can be added at no extra cost in an Enchant account.
How Do You Connect Your Shared Email Inbox To Shopify?
Think of Enchant like an email client specifically built for teams to collectively manage one or more email accounts. You’ve probably got a primary contact address, like help@company where customers send their questions. With Enchant, you can set up automatic forwarding from this email address to your Enchant account, so all the customer emails go into the Enchant shared inbox. You can connect Enchant to other channels, such as your website contact form or social media accounts.
Now the software can bring all the Shopify order details to the shared inbox. It’s super easy for your team to collaborate with each other while answering customer questions. For example they can:
- Share and manage canned responses to common questions
- Use labels to categorize and organize the requests
- Look up conversational histories before jumping in to help
If Quinn gets an email from a customer wanting to confirm the delivery date, he can see the order and delivery details at once. And he’s got a canned response at his fingertips so there’s no need to type out a reply from scratch.
If you can win customers’ loyalty through good service, you’re on the right track. As Shopify themselves say, it’s a battle for brand loyalty, but the winners see more repeat buyers. More than 62 million shoppers have purchased from the same Shopify store twice.
It only takes a few clicks to connect Enchant to your Shopify store. Then everyone on your team will see relevant Shopify details alongside every customer request.
What Else Can Enchant Do For Your Team?
Enchant does more help you connect your shared email inbox to Shopify. It boosts efficiency thanks to a range of helpful features:
- Accountability. Every customer interaction is assigned to a team member. Everyone is clear on what they’re responsible for. Nothing slips through the cracks, and it’s easier to keep the workload balanced. If Jayma logs in and sees that Cory is inundated with requests, she can offer to help. If Rebecca from NY is still waiting to find out why her order is delayed, a team member can get right on that.
- Private notes. Team members can exchange information via private notes without needing an external chat tool. These appear alongside the conversation thread, but are invisible to customers.
- Shared resources. Create and manage canned replies to customers’ most common questions. Enchant also lets you make multi-action macros to implement common procedures with a single click. As well as saving time, shared resources help ensure quality and consistency. And when it’s time to onboard new team members, you already have a library of resources to help them get up to speed.
- Shared drafts. Shared drafts help your team follow approval procedures for special circumstances like offering discounts to soothe ruffled feathers if something goes wrong, such as a damaged delivery.
- Collision detection. Thanks to real time updates, team members can see when someone else is reading or typing an answer to a customer communication. Ezra won’t spend fifteen minutes composing an answer to a complicated question, only to find out that Theodore already replied. No more risk of your team members stepping on each other’s toes or wasting time sending out duplicate responses.
- Separate out your different brands. If you have more than one Shopify store, you can connect each one to its own separate Enchant inbox. Each inbox supports its own workflows and you can add specific team members to each inbox. It’s easy to manage different stores or brands within the same Enchant account, with no risk of crossed wires.
- Custom workflow automation. Create customized folders based on labels or other attributes so you can organize your requests queue. Enchant lets you create if-this-then-that rules that make it super easy to automate your custom workflows. For example, you could set a rule that if an email contains the word refund, then the system adds the “refund” label, and assigns the message to the refunds team. Messages go to the right people, the first time.
- Customer satisfaction ratings. Customer satisfaction tells you how your customers are really feeling about your customer support. That’s invaluable information you can use to improve your customer journeys. Lots of customers saying they’re unhappy with response times? You can look for the bottlenecks. A bunch of customers telling you they love how personal the support is? Good, you know what’s working (and can use it in your marketing.) Enchant makes it easy to automatically send out surveys and collect ratings.
- Live chat messenger for your website. Enchant’s messenger pop-up lives right on your website. Use our messenger to offer quick help to customers via live chat or an FAQ, without leaving the page they’re on. If Josh has a question about a customizable item, he can ask it right on the page. No need to search for contact details. If no one’s available to take the question, the pop-up can let him know when to expect an answer from the team. You can customize it to your branding, too.
- Fully hosted knowledge base / FAQ. Help your customers instantly 24/7 by directing them to knowledge base articles. Our drag and drop article builder makes it easy to set up your knowledge base with no webmaster or technical experience needed. So if Johnny is wondering whether those headphones will work with his favorite device, he can check before buying. Being able to find the answer they need right away means customers can solve their issue, instead of abandoning the cart.
- Reporting. See which queries are pending, and which are being worked on. Enchant provides built in tools that track volumes and trends of customer queries over a period of time. This helps you visualize your team members’ performance, and spot areas for improvement. If you’re getting a particular lot of requests on specific days, you might want to allocate more people power on those days. If you notice a spike in returns due to damaged items, you might want to consider packing them more robustly for shipping.
How Can You Get Started With Enchant?
Getting started with Enchant is easy. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial with no commitment, and no credit card required.
We’ve made all our features available at a single affordable price. No nasty surprises, and no hidden limits. We don’t believe you should suddenly have to pay more just because your business is growing.
We built Enchant with a modern and intuitive user interface so your team can get up and running quickly. There’s no steep learning curve, or special training needed to get started. All you need to do is forward your email, add Shopify integration, and the software will bring Shopify order details to the shared inbox
Customers are out there talking about your business. With 67% of customers saying they’d consider leaving a review for a positive experience, and 40% saying they’d leave one for a negative experience, you want to be sure you’re getting positive feedback and reviews. And we understand that to give that great service, you need to get great service. Our speedy and reliable customer service is there whenever you need it. We can even help you set up your custom processes and workflows in Echant, so you get it working exactly as you need it, and in no time at all.
We built Enchant to be flexible and grow with your business needs. Get started today and start wowing your customers.