How to take this quiz?
For every correct answer below, add one point. There are a total of 5 questions, and you can calculate your score out of 5.
If you score 4 or 5, consider it a pass!!
What is SEO?
- Option 1: The art of making search engines show whatever you want them to show
- Option 2 (CORRECT ANSWER): The process by which you can affect the position of your website in search results
- Option 3: The process of making your website faster, so search engines rank them higher
How does a search engine determine what is relevant?
- Option 1 (CORRECT ANSWER): By looking at keywords on your web page
- Option 2: By looking at the length of the URL of the webpages on your site
- Option 3: By looking at how fast your website loads
How does the search engine determine if your website provides quality results?
- Option 1: By looking at the quality of websites that link to yours
- Option 2: By looking at how people engage with your site
- Option 3: By looking at how long people spend on your site
- Option 4: By looking at your site’s loading speed and mobile optimization
- Option 5: By looking at how much unique content you have
- Option 6 (CORRECT ANSWER): All of the above
What characteristic does a perfectly optimized page have?
- Option 1: The same content from elsewhere on your website or the Internet
- Option 2: Zero metadata, to avoid browser confusion
- Option 3 (CORRECT ANSWER): Built in buttons to share on social networks
- Option 4: Separate desktop and mobile version
Why is information architecture (how you organize content on your website) important?
- Option 1: Because search engines look for pages on your website that have no internal links
- Option 2 (CORRECT ANSWER): because search engines utilize inbound links as part of their ranking process
- Option 3: Because search engines give most importance to pages on your site that are many clicks deep